Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 31--February 15, 2016

Hello! Happy Valentines Day! I hope all was good and you all remembered the Lord's Law of Chastity on such an... eventful holiday.

Sorry, that was probably inappropriate, but Chastity jokes are PRIME. And actually, fun Rancho Cucamonga chastity fact. Last year an investigator was found and baptized because two Elders thought it would be funny to go door to door sharing a message of Chastity. 

Also, today marks my 7 month mark! In someways it goes fast, and in others it is a long time, but I'm happy to be serving and love this work a lot!

This week went well! 

Fun story: We were visiting a Recent-Convert (who was baptized in another ward even though they live in our boundaries because sometimes missionaries break rules to make other missionaries mad) who lived out in the middle of the desert. It was late at night and super dark, and this crazy lad jumps out of nowhere and starts asking for us to give us a ride and stuff. We politely said no, (we were with a member, that's why we were in a car) and she wasn't happy and said some colorful things, but we drove off. Then there were all these shady characters moving around from house to house, the whole air smelled a lot like Marijuana (not uncommon) and the house we were stopping at looked super run down and sketchy. As we started knocking on the door, we heard (from the neighboring yard) someone shouting "Who's there? What do you want?" We couldn't see him, because he was hidden behind this bush thing and it was really dark, so Brother Laursen and Elder Golden started to move towards the car to leave. me, being not incredibly intelligent, moved towards the man and started saying "Hello!". 

As I got nearer, I realized this man was on the phone in one hand and pointing a gun at me in the other! I thought for sure I was going to die! Plot Spoiler: He didn't shoot, turned out he was an inactive member that no missionaries had been able to contact since Elder Wilcox in 2008 and he invited us back after a good chat. So a very happy ending to a super adventure packed story! How cool is that? 

We also tracted into a young man named Clayton who started investigating. He thought we were the police at first, and got really nervous. But we were able to teach him and he's super excited to investigate! 

This looks like it'll probably be my last week with Elder Golden, which definitely makes us both sad, and it'll most likely be my last week in this ward which makes ME really sad, but I guess that's just how it goes!

The Church really is true guys. I can't express that enough. If the gospel doesn't seem to be working for you, then you're missing a step. It sounds blunt and forward, but at it's true! It really is such a big deal. Don't take any part of it lightly. If it's not working for you, then you need to change something because this is literally Eternity we're talking about. I don't want any of you to miss out on the happiness this gospel brings, because it is such a wonderful joy. And it's so simple! Read the book or mormon, pray, go to church and partake of the sacrament worthily and apply what you learn from those 3 sources! Easy as that. I love you all so much, and it breaks my heart to see people turn away this light. It's like turning down tickets to Disneyland! Who does that? (Still 100% missing Disneyland. That place makes me an A+ trunky mess, haha)

Well I miss you and love you all!

Church is true!


No comments:

Post a Comment