Monday, February 1, 2016

Week #29--February 1, 2016

Hello everyone! I did want to send out this quick E-mail to let you know what's going on. 

Everything is still going well here in Victorville. I had no idea that you could grow so close to a ward. Even in Terra Vista down in Rancho it was different. I feel so much love for the people in this ward.I feel like it's my ward! Almost as if when I get transferred, after my mission is done I'm going to come home to this ward and live here in California, haha. 

And Elder Golden and I are still doing well. We get along really well and it is so much fun to get up and work with such a close friend each day. 

The work is slow, that's for sure but I've been blessed by my Father in Heaven. I also have received a lot of help as District Leader, because I certainly don't know what I'm doing, haha. 

This last week we had a couple of fun lessons. One was with our new investigator J.J.! He is super funny. He has had a few strokes so communication is a little slower, but he still is a very bright guy! 

In our lesson with him, he was wearing some whitey tideys and a wife beater (Yay California missions) and he stood up in the middle of Elder Golden's sentence and said "Smells like something's burning!" And walked out into his front yard for like 20 minutes. So that was funny. And then he prayed for us at the end and it was pretty awesome.

Then we taught a cool lesson to our Primary President's husband who is not a member. She had us over for dinner and we taught about real intent. He was super cool, and is a very Christ-like man, but doesn't believe in organized religion... So we'll work with him. He has a crazy work schedule because he works full time in Vegas, so it's rare that we can meet with him but every few weeks we can have a lesson and hopefully get him to come to church. 
Speaking of Church, we got to speak in church yesterday (Elder Golden and I). Elder Golden went first and talked about the Book of Mormon, and talked for about 30 minutes, so I didn't have a ton of time but I shared some things about the Holy Ghost I really liked. The quote that stood out to me the most was this:

Elder Neil L. Anderson:
"As evil increases in the world, there is a compensatory spiritual power for the righteous. As the world slides from its spiritual moorings, the Lord prepares the way for those who seek Him, offering them greater assurance, greater confirmation, and greater confidence in the spiritual direction they are traveling. The gift of the Holy Ghost becomes a brighter light in the emerging twilight.
To understand better, think of these comparisons: If the world were growing more physically dark, He could give us enhanced night vision. If loud noises were constantly in our ears, He could give us a filtering mechanism to block the unwanted sound. If the race we were running was extended, He could give us increased lung and muscle capacity."

So a great week for sure! I do want to let you know that I probably won't be sending out a mass email each week, but rather every couple of weeks. That being said, I do want to keep in touch with all of you, so I would love to hear from you! Even if it's just a couple of words about your week, I would love that! I'll also probably be writing some of you randomly to see how you're doing and just to keep in touch. 

I love you all! 
Church is true!


No comments:

Post a Comment