Well another transfer has come and gone Brothers and Sisters. Elder Wedel and I are the only Elders in the Zone staying together. So there's the good news! We will be together for another transfer. But everything else has changed, 3 areas whitewashed out and one of them was a complete close out. While this for sure is not a big deal for most people reading at home, it was a huge deal here! When I came to this zone there was this terrible reputation it had for being super lame and slow, and all transfer it felt like Elder Wedel and I and a few other missionaries were the only one's pumped about missionary work! But with so many changes and so many hard working missionaries coming into the zone it should be an exciting transfer!
A lot happened this week so I will try to sum it up fast
1) Dan and Reatha went out of town. Didn't get to see them at all after Teusday
2) Did service 3 days in a row for a less active with the sisters in the ward. We weeded a small section of his yard, and cleaned out his FILTHY mother in law apartment. That was a ton of fun! But super gross
3) We got permission to switch off having the car with the sisters. All missionaries who only have a car and don't bike: HOLY COW YOU HAVE IT SO NICE
4) We got a new Ward mission leader, who is (ironically) the guy who just got released as the 2nd counselor in the stake presidency. So him and Brother Kirby literally switched places! He's going to be awesome.
5) While driving yesterday, Elder Wedel let go of the steering wheel and began to sing "JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL". For about 3 miles I had to steer while he sang the 4 words he knew of that song, (He literally just knows those words in the title) until finally he slams on the breaks, parks the car and gets out in front of a random house. We knocked on it, the guy let us in, we taught him, he accepted to read the Book of Mormon and set up a return appointment. #WhereIsYourFaith
6) Elder Acox went home, which means Elder Wedel and Elder Golden are my only companions still on the mission, and they either go home with me or after me.
7) Did a stake wide service project cleaning up trash in the desert. Found multiple teddy bears, a jar filled with feces, then Elder Wedel tried to discus throw a tire, tripped and fell on his face. Good freaking times.
That's pretty much it.
I just want to let you all know again that I know the church is true. I testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Christ is our Savior, and that through him we can reach Eternal Life.
I love you all so much! Have a great week!