Monday, April 4, 2016

Week #38--April 4th

What an awesome week! 

So we've got 2 investigators, a husband and a wife that are really progressing well. Dan and Reatha are their names and they're super awesome. We met with them 4 times this week, including watching General Conference with them. They were really touched and Reatha will be getting baptized in May it looks like! Dan is on the fence. He grew up in Utah, took the lessons, hung out with all members growing up before deciding to go his own way. Joined the Navy, worked in California, and didn't have anything else to do with the church.... until he moved next to our Bishop, haha. The spirit was so strong Sunday afternoon with them. They even invited some of their non member friends over to "Meet Dave and Derek" (He wont call us by our surnames, haha) and to "Watch some Mormon Conference" They were all touched by Elder Oaks and Elder Hollands remarks. Dan even said "It felt like that last guy was talking straight to me!" The spirit is so awesome!

We also last night were on the way home from a meeting with Brother Kirby (Now President Kirby I suppose) and saw a skate park that was empty. Naturally, our first instinct was to hit it up, and we did so. While this may seem like not the best thing for missionaries to do, and not the best thing for Elder Brown to do, due to the fact that he is accident prone, it turned out to be a miracle. 

After ten minutes of laughter, some people started walking around, calling for someone named Bubba. Some police came, and we asked what was going on and if there was anything we could do to help. Bubba was a mentally handicapped young man with a history of running away. He had last been seen 4 hours before and was gone. They had no idea where. For those of you who know the History behind my little brother Sam, also has a history of running away, you'll know that this hit close to home and there was nothing in Heaven or Hell that would prevent me from searching for that young man until curfew. We biked like crazy calling his name and searching every stretch of desert we could find. After about 30 minutes of this, and soon before we were to go inside, Elder and Wedel and I remembered that WE HADN'T PRAYED. 

Elder Wedel said: "HOLY COW! It's like we're not even missionaries! What do we tell people to do when they need something? Pray. Holy cow. Holy cow." So we prayed sincerely that he would be found soon and he would be safe. About 10-15 minutes later, we received the call that he was just found and was alright. 

It built my testimony that much more. If you consider the head ground he could have covered in 4 hours, and the fact that they had only been searching for him for about an hour, it makes the prayer and his being found a little less of a coincidence. "Behold, the Lord hath heard the prayers of his people... therefore, for this purpose have I come... that the prayers of his servants might be answered according to their faith." 

A prayer with Faith can work miracles! Mighty miracles! Just look where a prayer of Faith got Joseph Smith, and in turn all of us who are members of the restored church. 

I love you all so much! And I'd love to hear your insights on Conference. My favorite talk was President Uchtdorf's on Sunday morning. 

I love you all so much!

Church is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment