Sunday, June 19, 2016

Week #49--June 19, 2016

I honestly can't tell you much about what we did this week, haha. Not because it's bad or anything, I just can't remember. I can honestly say I'm totally and completely exhausted. In every sense of the word. I'm sweating 24/7. 

It's 90 degrees by 8 or 9 in the morning and doesn't go below that until late at night. This heat is miserable, but I love it in the strangest way. 

We found a family this week! Just yesterday actually. I felt a prompting a little after Reatha was baptized that there was a family in this ward waiting to be taught and baptized. So I've been praying for the guidance and knowledge to know where to look to find them. In my mind I imagined this perfectly happy family that has been reading from the Book of Mormon and was just waiting for someone to come and teach them and bring them to church, perfect marriage, perfect family, etc.... And they're far from orthodox. I'll admit, in my selfish judgemental way when they let us in I looked to Elder Wedel with a look of, 'well, this sucks. This is never going anywhere.' How inappropriate of me. How ungrateful. Afterwards talking with Elder Wedel we realized, if we pray for something why should we complain if it doesn't come in the wrapping paper we expected? So what if they're a little odd? Does that make them unworthy of the gospel? Not at all! I'm more than a little odd! And I need/love the gospel. And so they accepted the invitation to be baptized. I'll keep you updated on the Husted family!

We've started reading the Book of Mormon with Dan. We got through 1 nephi chapter 2 on Saturday and then that night he could tell Elder Wedel and I were in a bit of a bad mood. So sunday morning when he picked us up for church he said "Alright boys, open up your books of mormon to 1 nephi 3:7!" We were so happy! 

We did have our last Conference with President Hobbs, so that was most likely the last time I'll see him. President Taylor will be arriving this week, and there won't be a ton of crossover time. We'll probably meet him during the first few weeks of next transfer. President Hobbs is a great man, but I look forward to seeing what this new mission president will bring.

That's pretty much the Sumum Bonum of our week. It feels like such a blur. To think that we've been here since February blows my mind. I'll miss Elder Wedel a lot if one of us gets transferred. He's had a huge impact on my life. And I certainly don't want to leave the area just yet. I just want one more transfer here. 

Love you all! Church is true


No comments:

Post a Comment