Monday, June 27, 2016

Week #50--June 27, 2016

Good morning America!
This week practically did not happen it went so fast, but I'll try and give a little bit of a re-cap. 
Monday- P-day
Tuesday- Did missionary work after a meeting
Wednesday- Did missionary work with a different companion
Thursday- Did missionary work
Friday-Did missionary work
Saturday-Played Ball with some young men, Elder Wedel got crazy and sprained a kids ankle... Then we did some missionary work
Sunday- Had to give a talk in sacrament meeting, teach the lesson in 2nd hour and got assigned the lesson in Elder's Quorom. After such a stressful morning, we decided to mix things up and do missionary work for the rest of the day

So that was exciting. 
One of the young men we play ball with had a birthday yesterday so we got him some presents, one of which was a small plaid stuffed piggy. He always uses the insult "You sack of wine" So we decided to name the piggy 'Sack of Swine'
Our investigator Otis surprised the heck out of us and showed up to church. That was #cray. He enjoyed himself a lot and told us that Elder Wedel's talk and my talk touched him so give three cheers to the spirit. 
Speaking of the spirit, this morning we got hair cuts at this salon where a member works and she does them for us for free. Every time we've gone there's always a lady there doing nails who is nearby and we'll chat back and forth. Nothing really gospel related, just nice good talking. (And then we'll talk to the member about church related topics and she'll listen in) So this morning, we were wrapping up and the member, Sister Smith (Name changed for her protection... Jkjk, I've just always wanted to say that... But just to clarify, I did actually change her name, her name is Sister Merfeld, but we're going to go with Sister Smith because I'm just #TooDeep at this point) mentioned that Elder Wedel and I were going to get transferred this week most likely (pray we stay for 4) and that she was going to miss us, and the nail lady piped up and said "You know, I'm going to miss you too! I don't know what it is about you boys, but you just bring this happy feeling whenever you come. You have such a cool prescence, and I'm going to miss that!" 
Yeah boys, that's what we call the Spirit. Live worthy of it and you can have an impact on people in cool ways and cool places. #GetPumped #Let'sGo
Also yesterday we went over to Bishops house and we were updated on pop culture. Allow me to bring you up to speed on the things I've changed in my life:
  • Whenever I have a bad day, just remember the advice of Rihanna that I have to go to work work work work work and I've got to go to church church church church church church
  • When I burn my companion, my first instinct should be to dab. Always dab.
  • If that boy ain't giving up, all I have to say is 'no to the no to the no no no'
  • That's actually pretty much all I can remember. They tried to teach us some dance moves, but it didn't do well
So that's pretty much the gist of it. We taught some cool lessons and some awkward lessons, some good times and some bad times, we laughed, we cried, honestly... It was better than cats. 
Also we had the opportunity to give a talk, and I mostly talked about the wise words of my Mother that have driven me through a lot of my mission, and the wise words of my trainer that have done the same. 
"There will always be a reason not to go. We need to focus on the reasons we should go." -Momma Brown
"(In response to me saying 'I don't want to be a missionary today') Well Elder Brown, sometimes in life you'll have to do what you don't want to do. You'll probably wake up one day and think 'I don't want to be a Father/husband/employee today'. That's normal. It doesn't mean we stop doing what we're supposed to do. Do what you can, and the Lord will cover the rest." -Elder Russell
I talked about how we can't focus on all the bad things of life. That's easy. The hard part, and the important part is to choose to focus on the good. There will always be a reason not to go to church one day, a reason to not go to work, a reason to shut out friends and family, a reason to do what is wrong. There will always be a reason not to believe. Choose to believe. Remember that, in the paraphrased words of Brad Wilcox, Christ is not just the light at the End of the Tunnel, but the light that carries us through the tunnel. So that's my invitation to all of you who are struggling. Any who feel trapped in a dark and seemingly endless tunnel, the end is closer than you think. You are stronger than you think. Christ's Grace is completely sufficient to carry us to do good beyond our own physical capacity. While there will always be a reason to give up, choose to stay. Choose to believe. 
I love you all so much! I know that this Church is God's church, and that it contains the Fulness of the everlasting Gospel in all of it's splendor and glory. 
Church is true!


No comments:

Post a Comment