Monday, March 21, 2016

Week #36--March 21, 2016

Hello all!

This week certainly was not an easy one, but I've gained a much stronger testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel, that's for sure. 

We taught an investigator named Jeremy, he seems super solid. We taught the second lesson and then after the closing prayer he invited us for dinner and he barbecued for us. The dude is a freaking beast with that grill. Then this morning we went over to his house early and went mountain biking. There's a huge stretch of hills and desert at the south end of our area and it was a freaking blast! I only crashed like 3 or 4 times too, haha. 

We also had Stake Conference and got a new stake presidency. Unfortunately our beloved Ward Mission Leader got called as second counselor. I legit cried. Like, don't get me wrong, he's super awesome and will do great but we've just gotten so close to him, so that was hard knowing he'll be so busy in the coming 10 years or so. 
But that meant there were General Authorities! Elder Allen F. Packer and another member of the 70 came, and boy they gave such great talks! 

I think my favorite thing shared at Stake Conference was by the other member of the Seventy, (who's name slips me). He told a story of when the Actor Charlie Chaplin entered into a 'Charlie Chaplin look-a-like' contest. 
He placed third.

That hit me so hard, even though it's a simple analogy. If we look to the world to tell us who we are, they will get it wrong every time. If we rely on the world to give us the knowledge we need of what truth is, it will eventually fail us. We must rely on The Lord and The Spirit for the truth we desire. 

I also want to let you know that I know this church is true. It is not easy to be a member, because it is not easy to live by faith. But that's why we're here. To learn and live by our faith. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I know that President Monson is The Lord's chosen President on the earth today. I KNOW the book of mormon to be the word of god. Without a doubt in my mind. I know he loves me and he loves all of us. I know Christ suffered for our sins and saved us. 

The Church is true!


No comments:

Post a Comment