Monday, May 16, 2016

Week #44--May 16, 2016

Good morning! We had an awesome week! Things weren't easy, for sure but they were very good. 

Reatha did indeed get baptized! It seemed very surreal to be honest. I don't think it's fully set in... But I will tell you something: It doesn't matter how hard it's been the past few months, every single trial was worth it to see the look on her face coming out of the water. 

I look back to when I first met her, and she wasn't sad by any means she had just lost purpose. She was weighed down by the world. And now? EVERYTHING is different. Don't get me wrong, she's still the same person but she's so much happier! It's so incredible. We'll continue to work with Dan, because I think he is right around the corner. 
Yesterday was my 10 month mark 📣📣🎶🎵🍞(jk on the bread, I'm allergic to gluten)

Also, this is the last week of the transfer. That means Elder Wedel and I may only have 6 days together. This is sad, but understandable. It happens. And this next transfer will also be my last transfer with my current mission president. President Hobbs has done a lot for me and all the missionaries out here, so it will be hard to see him go, but I look forward to the new things President Taylor will bring when he arrives. 

Fun quote by President Monson: (This is what is called the W formula) "Work will win when wishy-washy wishing won't". I have learned this transfer that we've got to pull our pants up and start working if we want anything to get done. And if we start something, we need to finish it! Follow through! After all, stopping at third base adds no more points to the scoreboard than striking out! (When I was a young lad, my dad told me "All things can be tied back to baseball". I am now beginning to believe him. John Brown for President 2k17)

Church is true Lads and Lassies!


No comments:

Post a Comment