Monday, August 15, 2016

Week #57--August 15, 2016

Welp, 13 down, 11 to go! This last month went so fast, haha. It feels like yesterday that I was hitting a year, I blinked and I'm at 13. The sisters who came out with me go home in just 5 months, haha. Time flies when you're having fun!

Man this week was just... It was crazy for sure. First off, I'm staying which came out of NOWHERE, but I'm super pumped because this ward is awesome. By the end of this transfer, I will have been here for 7 and 1/2 months and as long as I was in my first 2 areas combined (that second fact is the weird one).

Also Yvonne got baptized! How sick is that? I'm pumped. I'll send pics. Elder Wedel came back and baptized her and then I got to confirm her. 

We also started teaching a man named Jonathan who will most likely get baptized September 3rd! (Which is Sam's Birthday, shout out to that crazy cat) So we've got some good work going on here in Hesparia. 

I got an ear infection this week, which stunk, but it happens. It wrecked like 2 of our proselyting days which is always the worst. On Wednesday we spent the day in Urgent Care because it got so bad. And then they put me on so many pills that I felt out of it for the rest of the week. #thehardlife

Taught some cool lessons. Taught a lesson to the 9 year old with Asperger's about The Armor of God/the story of Ammon protecting King Lamoni's flocks. We brought dress ups and props, and had some fun. I'll send pictures of that too. 

Yvonne's baptism was hectic, because I'm super bad at planning so naturally we forgot like 2 things (including her baptismal suit, haha. I'm such a dingleberry) but it happened and went smoothly and a lot of ward members came and showed support!

We met a super cool Potential named Yasenia (it's phonetic) and so hopefully she will continue to investigate and want to learn more! 
I've literally tracted every street in the area, so we're re-tracting it haha. The joys of being somewhere this long

Spiritual thought: "God can't steer a parked car." And that's the truth! I think there's a lot to it. Just like how as missionaries change doesn't REALLY start happening until you leave the apartment and start working, as followers of God change/growth/progression doesn't start until WE start acting. I've been really studying the New Testaments the last few week and I'm in the middle of the Gospel of Mark, and it's amazing to see how many times ACTION precedes the miracle. Even if that action is simple like the woman with the issue of blood touching the hem of the Savior's clothes. It would have been easy for her to sit in the back of the crowd and pray that the Savior would come to her and heal her. We do that all the time! And there are times when those prayers are answered, but often we have to reach out for the Savior. That's why in 3 Nephi 9:13-14 The Savior says "will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you? Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me."

We must come to him to be healed. 

Love you all! Church is true!








No comments:

Post a Comment