Monday, August 1, 2016

Week #55--August 1, 2016

I know I don't usually title my E-mails, but if this e-mail was to have a title, I think it would be:

"Standing in the Refiners Fire... Literally"

I'm not going to lie, there were definitely good parts of this week, highlights, good memories, good laughs, but this week was rough! The past few I've been struggling with quite a few things. But that happens!

We went to lunch with Brother Laursen, (from Parkview Ward) and that was great. It was so much fun to see him and Lex again. We had a great time. 

It still felt like a bazillion degrees outside this week. And we still tracted a ton. And still nothing came of it. But I know the Lord will consecrate my efforts if I give him my whole heart. 

Yvonne (Reatha's Sister) is getting baptized on the 13th!!! Only 2 days before I (most likely) get transferred! So we're pumped. We've just got to get her to quit smoking before then. 

This week I read an interesting talk called "Time-Out" by one of my favorite speakers in General Conference History, Paul H. Dunn. He talked about in sports we don't just ask for help from the coach at the beginning of the game and get feedback at the end. Rather we take multiple time-outs to seek help from the coach. Why should it be any different in our lives? When the guy in front of us cuts us off, when the amount of tasks is overwhelming, when we feel we don't have the strength to keep going, why don't we take a Time-Out? Why don't we ask the greatest Coach for what to do. He's played the game a few times, and he knows how to win. Learn from him. 
I love you all! I hope you have a great week!

Church is true!


No comments:

Post a Comment